Win with us this Christmas
We're celebrating the end of a year and some notable strides by giving away some useful items -- like, a stylish cover for your iPad2 or new iPad. Click on the images to go directly to our page.
What are these notable strides?
1. We were the first to publish this story. Our keen eye spotted it as it was happening and our contact base helped us get an interview. This story has been plagiarised so many times, we've lost count. And sure that upsets us, but it also let's us know that we're doing things better than others.
Read it here: Durban teen grants fairytale matric dance wish
2. Here's another story that we watched unfold and raced to the scene to offer help. Sure, it's no "Pulitzer prize winning" article, but a dog was saved after being trapped in a metal "inferno" and that makes us happy. It's not always about the stories that expose people. Journalism is also about humanity.
3. Just like many South Africans, we did what we could to locate Klara Gottert. We stayed with the story through the night and early in the morning discovered that she was found dead by way of a Facebook post from her aunt. But, it was our investigation into her Instagram account that discovered her art which may have pointed to depression and her hobby of parkour (building jumping). Eventually, the mainstream media latched on to the story, but we're proud of the work we did to try to find a missing girl and then talking about the effect of depression. Suicide prevention and mental wellness has always been a focus area of coverage.
Read it here: Province-wide search for teen ends in tragedy
Klara's mom hits back after 'sensationalist' headline
Ask Me Anything: SA Depression & Anxiety Group
Risk of violent behaviour from teens on anti-depressants
4. We started Modern South African -- a page dedicated to highlighting those forward-thinking, grace-giving citizens who do even the smallest acts to make someone else's day.
Check it out here: Modern South African | Facebook
We have so much further to go and so much more to do to present you with news that helps, not hurts, our country. There are plenty newsrooms who care about the shock factor. We only care about the shape factor. South Africa is deserving or positive attention and South Africans are worthy of investment. If you believe this too, we urge you to Like our Page and show us your support. Each like helps us pay the bills and it takes under 30 seconds. Click here to go to our page. Your 30 seconds of sacrifice could put you in line to win a truly great prize.
So, here's to a 2016 that redefines all of us!
1. The promoter is: Newsful.co.za and this competition is open only to South African citizens, living in South Africa.
2. Employees or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. To enter, you must have "Liked" our Facebook page between 01 December 2015 to 31 December 2015.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are limited to Like the Facebook page located via https://www.facebook.com/Newsfulnow/
5. Closing date for entry will be 31 December 2015 at 23: 59. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The prize for each winner is stated on the image.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen at random.
12. The winner will be notified by Facebook message and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of this country.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Newsful.co.za and not to any other party. The information provided will be used in conjunction with the typical Privacy Policies.